All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book revolutionizes how vision can be taught to undergraduate and graduate students in cognitive science, psychology, and optometry. It is the first comprehensive textbook on vision to reflect the integrated computational approach of modern research scientists. This new interdisciplinary approach, called vision science, integrates psychological, computational, and neuroscientific perspectives. The book covers all major topics related to vision, from early neural processing of image structure in the retina to high-level visual attention, memory, imagery, and awareness. The presentation throughout is theoretically sophisticated yet requires minimal kwledge of mathematics. There is also an extensive glossary, as well as appendices on psychophysical methods, connectionist modeling, and color techlogy. The book will serve t only as a comprehensive textbook on vision, but also as a valuable reference for researchers in cognitive science, psychology, neuroscience, computer science, optometry, and philosophy.
- Author BiographyStephen E. Palmer is Professor of Psychology and Director of the Institute of Cognitive Studies at the University of California, Berkeley.
- Author(s)Stephen E. Palmer
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication24/05/1999
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2028 g
- Width219 mm
- Height263 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.