Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionVision in the Desert is the funny, delightful and touching autobiography of Vassili Sulich, a joyful man who found he could t live without art, music, beauty, and most of all, without dance in his life. Follow Vassili's career as a dancer, from the children's performing group in the refugee camp, to England, France, South America, Spain, Switzerland and finally to America where he reigned for nine years as the principal dancer in the famed Folies Bergere. Feel his agony as he struggles to build a classical ballet company in the cultural wasteland of Las Vegas. Share his ecstasy when the Nevada Dance Theatre becomes the crown jewel of the arts in Nevada. Relive the times of turmoil and strife as his company grows in stature and gains rave reviews while touring nationally, and as Vassili gains fame as a choreographer for ballet and opera companies.
- Author BiographyVassili Sulich received the Distinguished Nevadan Award from the Board of Regents at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, and the Governor's Arts Award as Outstanding Individual Artist for his contributions to the community of Las Vegas. He has been honored by the Chamber of Commerce for Achievement in Arts and Entertainment, and is mentioned in five separate Dance Encyclopedia. In 1992 Senator Harry Reid presented Vassili with an Achievement Award in recognition of his outstanding artistic direction of Nevada Dance Theatre. In 1999 Vassili was inducted into the Casino Legends Hall of Fame in recognition of his years of dancing on the Strip in the famous Folies Bergere at the Tropicana Hotel. He continues to write his poetry and to choreograph in his head as he drives his car. As Vassili says at the end of his autobiography, I know for sure, I have not turned my final page.
- Author(s)Vassili Sulich
- PublisherRobert D. Reed Publishers
- Date of Publication01/01/2002
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRobert D. Reed Publishers
- Content Noteb/w photos
- Weight435 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.