All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis book seeks to t only articulate a vision for the profession through Standards for Teacher Educators but also provide a historical perspective of and explore the issues surrounding these standards. To accomplish this, the book establishes the history of teacher education as a discipline, defines who is a teacher educator, and provides a historical foundation for these standards. The reader is then presented with a set of mini-chapters designed to conceptualize a vision for teacher educators through each of the nine standards. Featuring voices of eductors in diverse fields, the third section expands thinking about the standards and how they may or may t apply to others. The final section provides viewpoints on Standards for Teacher Educators and the potential impact of such standards on the profession.
- Author BiographyCari L. Klecka is an assistant professor of Curriculum and Instruction at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, and associate editor of the Journal of Teacher Education. Sandra J. Odell is professor and chair of the department of curriculum and instruction at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, and editor of the Journal of Teacher Education. W. Robert Houston, former Association of Teacher Educators president, is the John and Rebecca Moores Professor of Education at the University of Houston and has authored or edited forty-five books including the first edition of the Handbook of Research on Teacher Education. Robin Haskell McBee is a professor in the Teacher Education Department at Rowan University.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/02/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width159 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byCari L. Klecka,Robert W. Houston,Robin Haskell McBee,Sandra J. Odell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.