Visions in Global Education: The Globalization of Curriculum and Pedagogy in Teacher Education and Schools: Perspectives from Canada, Russia, and the United States by Peter Lang Publishing Inc (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.34Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $31.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a compilation of new scholarship in the field of global education. Previously unaddressed or barely touched upon topics include: the historical evolution of the global education movement; the development of a foundation for the formation of a philosophy of global education; an analysis of the competing orientations of global education and multicultural education; mentorship in global education pedagogy based on the master apprentice model; and the latest research of the impact of national policies in education on global teacher education practice. A unique contribution captures the complexities and geopolitical context during Russia's early hours of democracy in integrating global education in Russian education. Written by internationally acclaimed scholars, this book is at the cutting edge of new creative scholarship in global education. Visions in Global Education is a must-read for teachers in every stage of their careers, and will be useful in a variety of classrooms addressing global education.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Toni Fuss Kirkwood-Tucker is Associate Professor Emerita at Florida Atlantic University. She now serves as Visiting Associate Professor and Program Coordinator in the School of Teacher Education at Florida State University. She received her M.A. and Ed.D. from Florida International University. Her primary research focuses on the integration of global perspectives in curriculum and pedagogy in teacher education and schools, and balance in minority and global issues representation in text. She was a Fulbright Teacher Scholar to China and Russia and was among the first western educators to participate in Russian education reform. She is recipient of the Global Apple and Florida's Global Teacher of the Year Award.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitleComplicated Conversation
- Series Part/Volume Number29
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteill.
- Weight530 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byToni Fuss Kirkwood-Tucker
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.