All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis classic textbook, w in its fourth edition, offers anthropology students a succinct, clear, and balanced introduction to theoretical developments in the field. The key ideas of 25 major theorists are briefly described and-unique to this textbook-linked to the biographical and fieldwork experiences that helped shape their theories. The impact of each scholar on contemporary anthropology is presented, along with numerous examples, quotations from the theorists' writings, and a description of the broader intellectual setting in which these anthropologists worked. Moore has updated many of the profiles to take into account recent scholarship. The book is also more strongly tied in to the companion work,Visions of Culture: An Antated Reader, to encourage the fullest intellectual engagement for students. The Visions of Culture Value Pack is available when you order directly from AltaMira Press. Order these two books as part of the Visions of Culture Value Pack using a single isbn for a 20% discount! Click here to order online. Includes: 1. Visions of Culture: An Introduction to Anthropological Theories and Theorists Fourth Edition Jerry D. Moore 2012 2. Visions of Culture An Antated Reader Jerry D. Moore 2009 Find full information on the contents of the reader here.
- Author BiographyJerry D. Moore is professor of anthropology at California State University, Dominguez Hills.
- Author(s)Jerry D. Moore
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication24/05/2012
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Weight562 g
- Width153 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.