All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
About this product
- DescriptionIt has been 23 years since five-year-old Helene (Leni) Gelbart said goodbye to her father at a railroad station in Germany just before World War II was legally declared. Her parents were divorced: he had terminated an unsuitable marriage, one which had tainted his Aryan ancestry with her mother's Jewish blood. Now Leni makes her first visit to her once-beloved Vati, as well as to his third wife and several step-brothers, igring at her peril very different - and deadly - agendas that are already in play in her father's household. In the midst of barely bungled attempts on her life and a sudden, intense affair with Wolf Herzog, a distant cousin, she encounters heartbreaking and frightening residues of the war and the Holocaust.
- Author BiographyIngrid Wiegand has been writing professionally for many years - primarily non-fiction. She wrote feature articles and reviews for the Village Voice and for various magazines, as well as a regular column for the Soho Weekly News. She also wrote several scripts and produced numerous programs on video. As an early video artist, her work was shown in various museums and performance venues. She is the author of a text, Professional Video Production, for non-broadcast television producers.
- Author(s)Ingrid Wiegand
- PublisherHeckner Press
- Date of Publication18/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeckner Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.