All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe study of the museum visitor has undergone a radical transformation. This collection brings together imaginative research that encourages new conclusions. Some questions involve the visitor's identity, what she brings to her museum experience. Can we gain entry into this experience? Does more techlogy really increase access to the objects themselves? Others probe the very nature of museum-going and exhibition making, demanding that we reexamine the traditional exhibition to reposition the visitor and her meaning-making at the center. Each author here has asked unfamiliar questions and responded with fresh answers.
- Author BiographyAnn Davis is a retired museum director and university professor in Calgary, Canada.Kerstin Smeds is a historian and professor of museology at Ume? University, Sweden.
- PublisherTranscript Verlag, Roswitha Gost, Sigrid Nokel u. Dr. Karin Werner
- Date of Publication18/10/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleMuseum
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTranscript Verlag, Roswitha Gost, Sigrid Nokel u. Dr. Karin Werner
- Weight363 g
- Width147 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byCurator Ann Davis,Kerstin Smeds
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.