All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
About this product
- DescriptionEnglish for Specific Purposes (ESP) is one of the most needed forms of English Language Teaching with regards to the adult population in today's global market ecomy where the English language is a prerequisite for the exchange and communication of professional ideas, best practices, and experiences, and a necessary skill for advancement in one's career. This comprehensive volume brings together the most insightful papers from the First International Conference on Teaching English for Specific and Academic Purposes, titled Connect and Share , held at the Faculty of Electronic Engineering of the University of Nis, Serbia, in May 2013. The collection covers a diverse and extensive list of topics, and provides a number of invaluable contributions which prove the presence of ESP in all continents, and in many different professions, sciences, and businesses. Also of interest is the fact these papers highlight the interrelatedness of ESP and linguistics, the methodology of teaching, sociolinguistics, and a number of other fields relevant to the study and practice of languages. The chapters of this book prove that immense, original, creative and worthwhile research is being conducted in the ever-growing and increasingly relevant field of ESP. At the same time, the book also offers rich insights into many invative teaching practices that justify ESP as an important area of academic study.
- Author BiographyNadezda Stojkovic is Lecturer of English Language at the Faculty of Electronic Engineering at the University of Nis, Serbia. Her research interests include English for Specific Purposes, connections and influences among societal changes, and the relationship language and identity. She is the author of two textbooks on ESP and chapters in eight books, and acts as the Editor-in-Chief of a journal dedicated to ESP and EAP, which she also helped found.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication05/05/2015
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Weight122 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Edited byNadezda Stojkovic
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.