Visual Approaches to Teaching Writing: Multimodal Literacy 5 - 11 by Helen Wolstencroft, Eve Bearne (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.53Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $69.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'This is an excellent book which is grounded in exciting and invative classroom practice. Bearne and Wolstencroft draw on their wealth of experience to offer clear and detailed guidance on using multimodal texts in the classroom, from planning through to assessment. Their book will enable teachers to provide opportunties for children to become competent readers and authors of both off-screen and on-screen multimodal texts. This ground- breaking book is an essential read for all teachers and students who want their literacy curriculum to be relevant and appropriate for the 21st century' - Jackie Marsh, University of Sheffield Why are visual approaches to literacy important? Children's experience of texts is longer limited to words on printed pages - their reading and writing worlds are formed in multimodal ways, combining different modes of communication, including speech or sound, still or moving images, writing and gesture. This book is a practical guide for teachers in making sense of multimodal approaches to teaching writing.The book covers topics such as: o The design of multimodal texts and the relationships between texts and images o How to build a supportive classroom environment for analysing visual and audiovisual texts, and how to teach about reading images o How to plan a teaching sequence leading to specific writing outcomes o Examples of teaching sequences for developing work on narrative, n-fiction and poetry o Formative and summative assessment of multimodal texts, providing levels for judging pupil development, and suggestions for moving pupils forward o How to write, review and carry out a whole school policy for teaching multimodal writing The book is accompanied by a CD, which contains a range of examples of children's multimodal work, along with electronic versions of the activities and photocopiable sheets from the book, and material designed for use with interactive whiteboards. It will be a valuable resource for primary teachers, literacy co-ordinators and students on initial teacher training courses.
- Author BiographyShe is a Past President of the Association and has recently retired from the University of Cambridge Faculty of Education where her interests in research and publication were mostly concerned with multimodal texts.
- Author(s)Eve Bearne,Helen Wolstencroft
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication26/09/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitlePublished in Association with the UKLA
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPaul Chapman Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight390 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.