All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe title incorporates contextual essays that explore how cultural theory can be applied to the real-world practice of graphic design, and are discussed by designers such as Neville Brody, Michael Bierut and Joan Farrer. This title helps students to develop sound critical judgment and informed strategies for the conception of new ideas that accurately reflect the current zeitgeist. All arts graduates study cultural theory as a part of their degree courses. This title is a companion guide to this theory; it has been edited to fit broadly into the diverse curricula of art schools and colleges around the world and is tailored for course adoptions.
- Author BiographyJonathan Baldwin is a lecturer in design history, theory and practice at Dundee University, Scotland. He teaches and writes on issues related to popular culture, the media, graphic design and higher education and has experience working as a professional graphic designer and has contributed to many publications and conferences on art and design in higher education. Lucienne Roberts established the design studio sans+baum after a brief period at The Women's Press, hoping to ally a commitment to accessible and engaging design with a socially aware agenda. Roberts' new studio LucienneRoberts+ started at the end of 2006. Roberts was a signatory of the First Things First manifesto, has taught at Yale and the London College of Communication and was a D&AD judge in 2008. She is a regular contributor to Eye magazine and Grafik.
- Author(s)Jonathan Baldwin,Lucienne Roberts
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/11/2005
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRequired Reading Range
- Place of PublicationLausanne
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintAVA Publishing SA
- Content Note175 colour illustrations
- Weight1090 g
- Width220 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.