All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn accessible and richly illustrated exploration of how art and design have driven major social and political change in the 21st century. Visual Impact highlights the extraordinary power of art and graphic design to effect social and political change. Richly illustrated with over 400 images, this is a visual guide to the most influential and highly politicised imagery of the digital age. Organised thematically by global issues and events, Visual Impact's generously illustrated spreads, clearly present and explain the most influential and highly politicised imagery of the twenty-first century. Themes and issues include popular uprisings (the Arab Spring, the London Riots), social activism (marriage equality), and environmental crises (Hurricane Katrina), as well as the recent Je Suis Charlie protests. Showcasing over 200 artists and designers, ranging from internationally rewned names such as Ai Wei Wei and Shepard Fairey to anymous internet users distributing work across Twitter and Facebook, Visual Impact features exciting graphics from emerging ecomies such as Brazil, Russia and China, and recent work created in response to the Arab Spring. Complements Phaidon titles Graphic Agitation and Graphic Agitation 2 by providing insight to the art and design shaping today's global political landscape.
- Author BiographyLiz McQuiston divides her time between graphic design practice, teaching and writing. Her publications include Women in Design:A Contemporary View and The Graphic Design Sourcebook, as well as Graphic Agitation, Graphic Agitation 2, and Suffragettes to She-Devils, published by Phaidon.
- Author(s)Liz McQuiston
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication09/09/2015
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Weight499 g
- Width180 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.