Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionVision and memory are two of the most intensively studied topics in psychology and neuroscience. The present book concerns the interaction between vision and memory: How do we remember what we see? And how does our memory for the visual world influence subsequent perception and action? topics in psychology and neuroscience, and the intersection etween them-visual memory-is emerging as a fertile ground for research. Certain memory systems appear to specialize in This book provides a state-of-the-art account of visual memory systems. Each chapter is written by an internationally rewned researcher, who has made seminal contributions to the topic. The chapters are comprehensive, providing both a broad overview of each topic and a summary of the latest research. They also present new perspectives that advance our theoretical understanding of visual memory and suggest directions for future research. After an introductory overview by the editors, chapters address visual sensory memory (iconic memory), visual short-term memory, and the relationship between visual memory and eye movements. Visual long-term memory is then reviewed from several different perspectives, including memory for natural scenes, the relationship between visual memory and object recognition, and associative learning. The final chapters discuss the neural mechanisms of visual memory and neuropsychological deficits in visual memory. This book is a comprehensive guide to visual memory research that will be a valuable resource for both students and professionals.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication06/11/2008
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleOxford Series in Visual Cognition
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 5
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note15 halftones, 48 line illus.
- Weight883 g
- Width162 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAndrew Hollingworth,Steven J. Luck
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.