All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionEuripides'Bacchae, Colridge's Christabel, de Sade'sPhilosophy in the Bedroom, and Hitchcock'sPsycho share a common thread. InVisual Perversity: A Re-Articulation of Maternal Instinct Alina M. Luna links each of these texts through the problematic relationships that play out between mother and child. She locates these disturbing tensions in the visual register; the place where the mother attempts to maintain her primal connection to her child, even at catastrophic costs. In each of the four works under consideration by the author, the logic of perversion masked beneath this gaze unfolds-disturbingly. Luna's careful exposition takes place in four chapters, over four expertly constructed theoretical vignettes. Scholars working in cultural studies, literary criticism, continental philosophy and especially gender studies will find Luna's approach vel and inventive.
- Author BiographyAlina M. Luna is Lecturer in English at the State University of New York, Albany.
- Author(s)Alina M. Luna
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication21/10/2004
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight313 g
- Width164 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.