All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionThe selections in this anthology represent the full range and vitality of contemporary American poetry--from minimalism to epic, from free verse to traditional form, from plain conversation to richly embroidered tapestry, form passionate political utterance to intense personal drama, from light verse to tough lyricism. Since 1950 university presses have published more than 900 volumes of original poetry, opening the can to a wide range of rich and exciting voices. Nearly 200 of the those volumes are represented here.Vital Signs features poems by such well established poets as John Ashbery, Marge Piercy, Adrienne Rich, and James Wright. Because the presses have also played a role in discovering and promoting the work of new poets, the reader will find here poems by many younger writers as well.
- Author BiographyRonald Wallace is the author of People and Dog in the Sun, Tunes for Bears to Dance To, and God Be With the Clown: Humor in American Poetry. He is Professor of English and Director of the Creative Writing Program at the University of Wisconsin--Madison.
- PublisherUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Date of Publication31/10/1989
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Weight885 g
- Width165 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byRonald Wallace
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.