All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost people's diets are woefully inadequate for providing proper nutrition. Even good diets fail to deliver sufficient levels of nutrients. The Vitamin Cure book series highlights the safe and clinically effective use of vitamin supplements for a variety of illnesses. Research continues to prove the immense value of vitamins for maintaining health and fighting disease. The Vitamin Cure books written by authors who are recognized experts in their field, give you authoritative, up-to-date, and practical information on taking vitamins for particular health problems. There is an epidemic of diabetes and the problem is only getting worse. More than 220 million people worldwide have diabetes, and over 3 million people die from the consequences of the disease each year. Diabetes deaths will double by the year 2030. Diabetes mellitus affects the use of sugar (glucose) in the body, either because the body does t produce eugh insulin or the cells do t respond to it. High levels of blood glucose become toxic to many tissues and organs and may result in blindness, kidney failure, brain and nerve damage, heart disease, and rapidly developing atherosclerosis. Fortunately, there is an answer. THE VITAMIN CURE FOR DIABETES can help most diabetics come off all or most medications by changing their lifestyle, learning how to eat healthier, starting to exercise, and taking nutraceuticals. The book provides a complete supplement program (vitamins, minerals, and other dietary supplements) that can prevent or delay the onset of diabetes. Learn how to optimally manage, or even prevent, diabetes for yourself and for your loved ones.
- Author BiographyIan Brighthope,, M.D., graduated in Agricultural Science in 1965 and became involved in animal nutrition and teaching. In 1969, he entered medical school at the University of New South Wales and completed his studies at Monash University in Victoria. His interest in human nutrition in health and disease developed from his involvement in the agricultural and veterinary fields. Dr. Brighthope is a past president of The Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine, and he was a founding director of the Orthomolecular Medical Association of Australia. He has published extensively on the use of nutrition in the treatment of human diseases, and he also consults for nutritional supplement companies.
- Author(s)Andrew W. Saul,Ian Brighthope
- PublisherBasic Health Publications
- Date of Publication15/01/2012
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Series TitleVitamin Cure Series
- Place of PublicationNorth Bergen,NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBasic Health Publications
- Weight600 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.