All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn his Nobel speech, entitled Art, Truth and Politics, Harold Pinter explained how he was fighting against the tapestry of lies. It is indeed those daily lies, lies of love or of state, that are exposed in this book, which emphasises his political agenda. In March 2007, the University of Lyon (Jean Moulin) and the ENS LSH organised VIVA PINTER, a tribute to his work centred on a key tion for the city of Lyon, the Spirit of Resistance. Pinter combined a concise, fragmented and syllogistic style with a keen perception of the metaphors of our time. The most specific instrument of this great humanist lay in his representation of power games. In this volume, scholars, stage-directors and lawyers tell us how his work is highly meaningful for them. Golden Palm winners Volker Schloendorff and Jerry Schatzberg, film and theatre director David Jones, and BBC radio producer Barbara Bray share with us the memory of how they worked with Pinter on his major plays and films.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Brigitte Gauthier is a Professor of Film and Drama Studies in the English Department of the University of Lyon (Jean Moulin) and a Member of the IETT. A graduate of Columbia University Film School (MFA, 1993) and of the Sorbonne (Ph.D., 1993), she is the author of Histoire du cinema americain (1995); Television et societe aux Etats-Unis (1999) and Le Langage choregraphique de Pina Bausch (2009). She has translated several books for DIXIT on screenwriting including Robert McKee's Story. Her publications on Harold Pinter include Harold Pinter, the Caretaker of the Fragments of Modernity (1996); Harold Pinter, le maitre de la fragmentation (2002); Harold Pinter et les dramaturges de la fragmentation (2002); Dramaturges et cineastes de l'antipsychiatrie : Entretiens sur l'ere de la fragmentation (2003).
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/07/2009
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleEuropean Connections
- Series Part/Volume Number30
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Weight400 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byBrigitte Gauthier
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.