Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe range of topics which you may be questioned on during a final ENT Viva exam can be very varied. Viva Training in ENT ensures you can answer any question confidently and comprehensively, this book provides you with over 430 examples, mirroring exactly the format of the examination questions and covering all the relevant areas of the curriculum. Dedicated chapters on topics such as rhilogy, head and neck, otology and paediatrics take you through the types of scenarios that you are likely to face, often presenting you with a clinical example and asking you a range of questions to test t only your diagstic skills, but also your supporting kwledge. Three further chapters cover the clinical section of the exam involving patients, and the operative surgery and communication skills stations. These chapters provide both example scenarios and general advice on how to impress the examiners, giving you a thorough grounding in how best to communicate your kwledge and complete tasks calmly and methodically. For each question, detailed model answers and explanatory tes are provided, along with links to relevant websites and key journal articles for further reference. Questions are supplemented with over 85 illustrations and photographs, allowing you to review real examples of the conditions about which you will be questioned. For any candidate wishing to complete the FRCS (ORL-HNS) or the DOHNS Viva with professionalism and a real depth of kwledge, this book's detail and variety of information will be invaluable. Its clear layout and topical structure also make it ideal for surgeons wishing to refresh their clinical kwledge.
- Author BiographyDeclan Costello is a consultant ENT surgeon with a specialist interest in voice disorders. His previous publication with Stuart Winter - 'MCQs for ENT: Specialist Revision Guide for the FRCS' - has proved invaluable for candidates sitting MCQ examinations in ENT surgery. He is currently the co-organiser of the popular Birmingham FRCS viva course for ENT surgeons sitting Section 2 of the FRCS (ORL-HNS) exam. Stuart Winter is a consultant ENT surgeon at the John Radcliffe and Churchill Hospitals, Oxford. He has a special interest in Head and Neck Surgery.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication25/07/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleOxford Higher Specialty Training
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note89 black and white illustrations
- Weight478 g
- Width157 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byDeclan Costello,Stuart C. Winter
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.