All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe definitive mograph of American photographer Vivian Maier, exploring the full range and brilliance of her work and the mystery of her life, written and edited by ted photography curator and writer Marvin Heiferman; featuring 250 black-and-white images, color work, and other materials never seen before; and a foreword by New York Times bestselling author Laura Lippman. Vivian Maier's story-the secretive nanny-photographer during her life who becomes a popular sensation shortly after her death-has, to date, been pieced together only from previously seen or kwn images she made and the handful of facts that have surfaced about her life. During her lifetime she shot more than 100,000 images, which she kept hidden from the world. In 2007, two years before her death, Chicago historic preservationist John Maloof discovered a trove of negatives, and roll upon roll of undeveloped film in a storage locker he bought at auction. They revealed a surprising and accomplished artist and a stunning body of work, which Maloof championed and brought to worldwide acclaim. Vivian Maier presents the most comprehensive collection and largest selection of the photographer's work-created during the 1950s through the 1970s in New York, Chicago, and on her travels around the country-almost exclusively unpublished and including her previously unkwn color work. It features images of and excerpts from Maier's personal artifacts, memorabilia, and audiotapes, made available for the first time. This remarkable volume draws upon recently conducted interviews with people who knew Maier, which shed new light on Maier's photographic skill and her life.
- Author BiographyJohn Maloof is an author and street photographer involved in the historic preservation of Chicago's Northwest Side. He discovered the first negatives of Vivian Maier's work in 2007 while compiling a book about the history of the neighborhood where he grew up. He edited the first and second published collections of Maier's work, Vivian Maier: Street Photographer and Vivian Maier: Self-Portraits. He lives in Chicago.
- Author(s)John Maloof
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication20/11/2014
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarper Design International
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight2304 g
- Width260 mm
- Height318 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.