All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the country's top voice-over talents shares his secrets of success in an insider's guide to the industry. Actors, broadcasters, and anyone who has longed to earn a living by speaking into a microphone will cherish this insightful and often hilarious glimpse at the business. Coverage includes: * Identifying natural talent * Training a voice to make it commercially viable * Gaining experience in smaller markets * Making a demo CD * Auditioning effectively * Locating and signing with an agent * Joining the appropriate unions * Negotiating contracts * Self-promoting to maximize exposure Reflecting the quantum change that has occurred in the way voice-overs are recorded and cast in recent years, the updated Second Edition describes the advantages and disadvantages of auditioning and recording from home studios for clients around the world. This indispensable guide also addresses finding work in venues outside film and television, such as games, automated telephone systems, and websites. Aspiring and established voice-over actors will savor the behind-the-scenes details that show what actually happens during a voice-over recording session. Through it all, the author pairs performance tips with an expanded personal account of the crazed clients, practical jokes, and coincidences encountered on the long journey to success. Allworth Press, an imprint of Skyhorse Publishing, publishes a broad range of books on the visual and performing arts, with emphasis on the business of art. Our titles cover subjects such as graphic design, theater, branding, fine art, photography, interior design, writing, acting, film, how to start careers, business and legal forms, business practices, and more. While we don't aspire to publish a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are deeply committed to quality books that help creative professionals succeed and thrive. We often publish in areas overlooked by other publishers and welcome the author whose expertise can help our audience of readers.
- Author BiographyHarlan Hogan has been a voice-actor for thirty-five years, and odds are, you already know what he sounds like. His commercial voice-overs include classic and contemporary ad slogans from Raid. Kills bugs fast, kills bugs dead and Life Cereal's It's the cereal even Mikey likes, to This PBS program is made possible by viewers like you and Ford F-150. How's that for trendy? Twenty-six million online gamers hear him as the voice of Alistar in League of Legends, while filmgoers see and hear him in the fea-ture-length film Dimension. He's equally at home narrating documentaries like Fannie's Last Supper and Storm Warriors, as well as voice-overs for political candidates from mayors to presidents. He lives in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago.
- Author(s)Harlan Hogan
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication17/07/2014
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllworth Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight257 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.