All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis highly regarded work brings together prominent authorities on vocabulary teaching and learning to provide a comprehensive yet concise guide to effective instruction. The book showcases practical ways to teach specific vocabulary words and word-learning strategies and create engaging, word-rich classrooms. Instructional activities and games for diverse learners are brought to life with detailed examples. Drawing on the most rigorous research available, the editors and contributors distill what PreK-8 teachers need to kw and do to support all students' ongoing vocabulary growth and enjoyment of reading. New to This Edition*Reflects the latest research and instructional practices.*New section (five chapters) on pressing current issues in the field: assessment, authentic reading experiences, English language learners, uses of multimedia tools, and the vocabularies of narrative and informational texts.*Contributor panel expanded with additional leading researchers.
- Author BiographyEdward J. Kame'enui, PhD, is Dean-Knight Professor of Education, Associate Dean for Research and Outreach, and Director of the Center on Teaching and Learning and the Institute for the Development of Educational Achievement in the College of Education, University of Oregon. He was founding Commissioner of the National Center for Special Education Research in the Institute of Education Sciences. His research interests include instructional design, vocabulary development and instruction, and learning disabilities. James F. Baumann, PhD, is the Chancellor's Chair for Excellence in Literacy Education Emeritus at the University of Missouri-Columbia. A former elementary school teacher, Dr. Baumann was editor of The Reading Teacher, served on the Board of Directors of the International Reading Association and the Literacy Research Association, and is a member of the Reading Hall of Fame. His research interests include elementary reading instruction, vocabulary teaching and learning, and teacher inquiry.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication08/05/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight594 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byEdward J. Kameenui,James F. Baumann
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.