All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLaura Robb provides teachers with a way to be systematic with vocabulary instruction so that students gain the multiple exposures to words they need in order to acquire them. With an emphasis on teaching students in the midst of authentic reading situations, Robb augments her lessons with passages and short texts and reproducibles included in the book. Thus, each of the dozens of lessons in the book involves complex text interactions, group work, and independent practice. Chapters address roots, suffixes, and prefixes; figurative language; general academic and domain-specific vocabulary; and informative assessments. The strategies apply across the content areas and emphasize understanding words within context.
- Author BiographyAn author, teacher, coach, and speaker, LAURA ROBB has spent the last four decades in middle school education. What teachers appreciate most about Laura is her deep commitment to children and adolescents, and her ability to show what best-practice instruction looks like day by day; a survey conducted by Instructor magazine named Laura as one of the nation's top twenty educators. Currently, in addition to her speaking and consulting, she works part time in grades K-8. She was named NCTE's recipient of the 2016 Richard W. Halle Award for Outstanding Middle Level Educator.
- Author(s)Laura J. Robb
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication02/12/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleCorwin Literacy
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight558 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.