All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen a middle-aged man is brutally murdered in the dunes overlooking a children's pool, it's immediately clear to Sergeant Jill Jackson that this was ordinary victim: someone has stopped a dangerous paedophile in his tracks. Kwing first-hand the impact of such men on their prey, Jill is ambivalent about pursuing the killer, but when more men die - all kwn to police as child sex offenders - she is forced to face the fact that a serial killer is on the loose. As the investigation deepens, Jill unearths a long-established Sydney paedophile ring - a club of wealthy men who have thought until w that that they are untouchable. Despite the deaths of some of its members, the club is still operating and until Jill can shut it down, children are still in grave danger. As she faces predators and their victims, a psychotherapist losing her mind, and her own nightmares come to life, Jill is forced to decide whether she really wants to catch this killer.
- Author BiographyDr Leah Giarratano has had a long career as a clinical psychologist. Her professional background offers a unique selling point in this genre and gives an authenticity to her writing. Leah is an expert in psychological trauma, sex offences and psychopathology and has had many years assessing psychopaths and treating their victims. She has worked in psychiatric hospitals, with the defence force, and in the corrections system with offenders who suffer severe personality disorders. She has assessed and treated survivors of just about every imaginable psychological trauma, including- hostages; war veterans; rape, assault and accident victims; and has worked with police, fire and ambulance officers. In 2009 Leah began her television career, presenting Channel 7's top rating Beyond the Darklands program, on which Leah was the expert psychologist who delved into the psyche of Australia's most fearsome criminals.
- Author(s)Leah Giarratano
- PublisherTransworld Publishers (Division of Random House Australia)
- Date of Publication01/07/2009
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationMilsons Piont
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2009
- Weight316 g
- Width144 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.