All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA provocateur, radical thinker and instigator of the most important sartorial statements of the twentieth and twenty-first centuries, Vivienne Westwood is a fearless nconformist with a relentless passion for tradition. From the mini crini, the liberty corset and the rocking-horse shoe to the stunning, sumptuous wedding dress worn by Sarah Jessica Parker in Sex and the City and Dita Von Teese's infamous purple wedding dress, Westwood has unleashed her imagination on the world for almost 40 years. Her Pirate and Edwardian looks were worldwide fashion trends, and her revolutionary designs include the co-creation of the punk style, the introduction of street style into high fashion, the reworking of the criline, the restyling of Harris tweed and the reintroduction of platforms and the hourglass figure. She has been described by Anna Wintour as 'an unbelievable influence' and by Alexander McQueen as 'the Coco Chanel of our day'. Vogue, the international fashion bible, has charted the careers of designers through the decades. Its unique archive of photographs, taken by the leading photographers of the day from Cecil Beaton to Mario Testi, and original illustrations, together with its stable of highly respected fashion writers, make Vogue the most authoritative and prestigious source of reference on fashion. With a circulation of over 160,000 and a readership of over 1,400,000, brand is better positioned to present a library on the great fashion designers of the modern age.
- Author BiographyLinda Watson is a fashion writer for Vogue, Harpers & Queen, The Sunday Times and The Mail on Sunday, and the author of the bestselling Vogue-Twentieth Century Fashion and co-author of Vogue More Dash Than Cash. She has worked with Vivienne Westwood on two collections, and is currently Reader in Fashion at Northumbria University.
- Author(s)Linda Watson
- PublisherQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication12/09/2013
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Series TitleVogue on Designers
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteover 80 photographs
- Width160 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.