All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten for voice professionals, their teachers and those who care for their voices, this unique book covers voice acoustics, the effect of the acoustics of spaces on the voice, and how to make a voice recording properly. The book is wholly practical and written in a manner which is rooted in science but which is designed to enable understanding by n-scientists and voice practitioners alike. The authors provide an outline of acoustics and the human voice, before going on to cover ways in which voice users - from professional and amateur singers and performers, through lawyers, to school teachers - the largest group reporting to clinics with vocal problems - can improve vocal efficiency, regardless of location, and vocal health. Also covered are methods of amplification, whether through microphones, or simply by posture or stance and best methods for sound recording.
- Author BiographyDavid Howard, PhD David M. Howard, Ph.D. is Professor in the Department of Electronics, University of York. Damian Murphy, PhD Damian T. Murphy, PhD, is a professor in the Department of Electronics, University of York.
- Author(s)Damian Murphy,David M. Howard
- PublisherPlural Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2007
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlural Publishing Inc
- Content Noteb/w illustrations
- Weight553 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and CD-ROM
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.