All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Voice Secrets: 100 Performance Strategies for the Advanced Singer, Matthew Hoch and Linda Lister create order out of the chaotic world of singing. They examine all aspects of singing, including ntechnical matters, such as auditioning, performance anxiety, score preparation, practice performance tips, business etiquette, and many other important topics for the advanced singer. Voice Secrets provides singers with a quick and efficient path to significant improvement, both technically and musically. It is the perfect resource for advanced students of singing, professional performers, music educators, and avid amateur musicians. The Music Secrets for the Advanced Musician series is designed for instrumentalists, singers, conductors, composers, and other instructors and professionals seeking a quick set of pointers to improve their work as performers and producers of music. Easy to use and intended for the advanced musician, contributions to Music Secrets fill a niche for those who have moved beyond what beginners and intermediate practitioners need.
- Author BiographyMatthew Hoch is associate professor of voice and coordinator of voice studies at Auburn University. He is the author of several books, including A Dictionary for the Modern Singer. He holds the BM from Ithaca College, MM from the Hartt School, and DMA from the New England Conservatory. Dr. Hoch is the 2016 winner of the Van Lawrence Fellowship, awarded jointly by the Voice Foundation and NATS. He actively performs art song, opera, chamber music, and in professional choral settings. Linda Lister is associate professor of voice and director of opera theatre at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. She is the author of Yoga for Singers: Freeing Your Voice and Spirit through Yoga. Also a composer, Dr. Lister holds the BA from Vassar College, MM from the Eastman School of Music, and DMA from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Dr. Lister is winner of The American Prize in Directing, she has sung many world premieres on the operatic, symphonic, and recital stage.
- Author(s)Linda Lister,Matthew Hoch
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication31/05/2016
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleMusic Secrets for the Advanced Musician
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 19 black & white halftones
- Weight590 g
- Width176 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Foreword byNicole Cabell
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $42.49
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.