All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFind your voice, and communicate with confidence Ever wondered why body hears you in meetings, or wished people would take you more seriously? Or maybe you're unhappy with your accent, or you feel insecure about your high-pitched or motous voice? Voice and Speaking Skills For Dummies will help you to discover the power of your voice, understand how it works, and use your voice like a professional whether in meetings, addressing an audience, or standing in front of a classroom. Take a deep breath, relax those vocal cords, and make your speech sparkle! We're t all planning to become politicians, or likely to address large audiences on a regular basis, but we all need to be able to communicate well to achieve success. Certain professions require a high level of vocal confidence, tably teachers and business leaders. As well as using body language effectively, we also rely on our voice to convey passion, exude enthusiasm, and command attention--and that's before we've considered the content of our words! A clear understanding of how your voice works, how to maximize its effectiveness, and ways to overcome voice 'gremlins' such as speaking too fast, stuttering, or sounding childish, is pivotal to enabling you to succeed, whatever the situation. * Highlights the importance of your voice, explains how to use it effectively * Gives you confidence in public speaking * Helps you use your voice to make a great first impression in all aspects of your life * Includes a CD with vocal exercises to help you communicate with confidence. Whether you're looking to improve your speaking skills for work or personal gain--or both--Voice and Speaking Skills For Dummies gives you everything you need to find your voice and communicate with confidence. Note: CD and other supplementary materials are t included as part of the e-book file, but are available for download after purchase.
- Author BiographyJudy Apps is a professional voice coach, an NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) Trainer and Director of Enlightened Ltd. She has more than fifteen years' experience developing creative training programmes, particularly in the areas of leadership, voice and impact. Judy has provided coaching to top companies, including Volkswagen Financial Services, GlaxoSmithKline, the Metropolitan Police and JP Morgan, as well as prestigious individuals, such as Members and executives of the European Parliament and Commission.
- Author(s)Judy Apps
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication22/06/2012
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight730 g
- Width186 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.