All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.18
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.37
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.06
- AU $10.90Trending at AU $17.97
About this product
- DescriptionLearn about the courageous Americans who journeyed on the Oregon Trail in this picture book perfect for the Common Core It s 1848, and brave families band together in covered wagons to head west. Each spread introduces a different speaker to tell his or her part of the story: there s Carl Hawks, son of the wagon train leader; Louisa Bailey, the newlywed; Chankoowashtay, a Sioux brave; and more. Like its acclaimed predecessor Colonial Voices, this book showcases a thrilling and often dangerous time in our history. Richly detailed illustrations bring the story of the great Westward Expansion to vivid life.
- Author BiographyKay Winters is a former teacher and the author of many children s books. She lives in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Larry Day has been illustrating children s books for the last twelve years. He lives in Oak Park, Illinois.
- Author(s)Kay Winters
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication02/04/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDial Books for Young Readers,US
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width221 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Larry Day
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.