All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Black community has historically suffered stasis on the political level. W.E.B. Du Bois originally identified the source of the stasis as a contradiction of political goals within individuals and Black culture. During the last century, the development of African American political organizations has institutionalized this contradiction of double aims. That institutionalization is largely due to the energy and resources of two distinct and often contradicting political traditions - Black nationalism and the Black American Jeremiad. It is within a third tradition, Black cultural pluralism, that a possible discourse exists that can address the stasis within the Black community. This book attempts to reconstruct the development of this third tradition and posits it as the most viable source of Black political development.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Ricky K. Green is Assistant Professor in the Department of Ethnic Studies at California State University, Sacramento. He received his Ph.D. in political science at the Univeristy of California, Santa Barbara.
- Author(s)Ricky K. Green
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2005
- Series TitleAfrican-American Literature and Culture Expanding and Exploding the Boundaries
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight250 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.