All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.98
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionAuthor Louis Alexander Hemans writes t only as a linguist, poet, and philosopher, but also as a man socialized in the Jamaican subset of the African diaspora. His work reflects a confluence of a variety of forces: Black consciousness, Spanish references, Jamaican dialect, folkways, flora, fauna, and the universal expression of love and sexuality. In Voices in the Twilight, Hemans's second collection of work, he presents poems, literary letters, and short stories. His verses explore a variety of topics, including politics, philosophy of life, ancestral history, death and the afterlife, the slave trade and reparation, the Jamaican peasantry, education, nature, and romantic love--both requited and unrequited. Also included are three literary letters, with one addressed to Hemans's uncle David, who immigrated to Cuba and never returned to his native Jamaica. The collection's short stories are mostly set in the Anchovy area of Jamaica, near Montego Bay. This literary collection, featuring poetry, letters, and short fiction, considers a wide range of topics, from politics to romance to philosophy.
- Author(s)Louis Alexander Hemans
- Date of Publication12/09/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight330 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.