Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVoices of Eastleigh draws together memories of life in this former railway town turned commuter location from a wide range of people. How do residents view their past, present and future? Has life in Eastleigh been good to them? What was it like to live in a railway cottage where everyone knew and helped each other? What is it like to live in a modern apartment in Benny Hill Close? Glen Jayson compares stalgic anecdotes from a centenarian resident to a child's view of the future. Read how working at Pirelli or Kipling was once a part of community life. The stories recalled here will rekindle memories for anyone who has lived in this area for more than a few years, and will be an eye-opener for any new arrivals who want to find out more about the history of Eastleigh. The book is illustrated with a wonderful selection of photographs that capture the spirit of this unique area over the past hundred years or so.
- Author BiographyGLEN JAYSON is a keen writer who has won awards for her stories. She has an interest in the local history of Eastleigh, hence this book. She lives in Southampton.
- Author(s)Glen Jayson
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight320 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.