All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $77.30Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
About this product
- DescriptionThere is a special place on the south-eastern shores of Barkley Sound, on the west coast of Vancouver Island. It is a magnificent landscape of rocky cliffs fronting onto the wild Pacific Ocean, sheltered beaches, lakes, mountains and forests. Since the beginning of time, it has been the ancestral home of the Huu-ay-aht First Nation. Drawing directly from oral history passed down by generations of Huu-ay-aht chiefs and elders, Kathryn Bridge and Kevin Neary tell the compelling stories of the Huu-ay-aht people from their perspective. This is a fascinating glimpse into the complex and rich history of a West Coast First Nation, from creation tales and accounts of their traditional ways to the recent Maa'nulth treaty.
- Author BiographyKathryn Bridge is an archivist and historian who lives in Victoria, BC. She has written several books about pioneers in British Columbia, including By Snowshoe, Buckboard and Steamer (winner of the 1998 Lieutenant-Governor's Medal for Historical Writing)and Phyllis Munday: Mountaineer (a finalist at the Banff Mountain Book Festival and a runner-up for the Van City Book Prize). Over the years she and her family have explored, camped and boated in many of the coastal areas of Vancouver Island. Kevin Neary is a consultant in anthropology, research and museum interpretation for many First Nations and cultural institutions in British Columbia. He has participated in several research projects with the Huu-ay-aht over the past 20 years, developing a warm appreciation for Huu-ay-aht people, culture, language and history.
- Author(s)Kathryn Bridge,Kevin Neary
- PublisherHeritage House Publishing Co Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationBritish Columbia
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHeritage House Publishing Co Ltd
- Content Noteb/w photos
- Weight202 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.