Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.19Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.00+ AU $8.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by fuggsy
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA firsthand chronicle of United States Marine Corps actions in the Pacific Following fifteen Marines from the Pearl Harbor attack, through battles with the Japanese, to their return home after V-J Day, Adam Makos and Marcus Brotherton have compiled an oral history of the Pacific War in the words of the men who fought on the front lines. With unflinching honesty, these Marines reveal harrowing accounts of combat with an implacable enemy, the friendships and camaraderie they found and lost and the aftermath of the war s impact on their lives. With unprecedented access to the veterans, rare photographs, and unpublished memoirs, Voices of the Pacific presents true stories of heroism as told by such World War II veterans as Sid Phillips, R. V. Burgin, and Chuck Tatum whose exploits were featured in the HBO(r) miniseries, The Pacific and their Marine buddies from the legendary 1st Marine Division. Includes rare photos!
- Author BiographyAdam Makos is a journalist, historian, and author of theNew York TimesbestsellerA Higher Call. In his fifteen years of work in the military field, Makos has interviewed countless veterans from WWII, Korea, Vietnam, and present-day wars. He has flown a B-17 bomber and a T-38 fighter with the Air Force and was one of the few journalists to examine Air Force One with its pilots. The high point of his work occurred in 2008, when Makos traveled to Iraq to accompany the 101st Airborne and Army Special Forces in their pursuit of Al Qaeda terrorists. Marcus Brotherton is a journalist and professional writer known internationally for his literary collaborations with high-profile public figures, humanitarians, inspirational leaders, and military personnel. He has authored or coauthored more than twenty-five books including We Who Are Alive and Remain, A Company of Heroes, and Shifty s War, and is a coauthor of Call of Duty with Lt. Buck Compton.
- Author(s)Adam Makos,Marcus Brotherton
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication30/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBerkley Publishing Corporation,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps, black & white plates
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.92
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $60.98Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.