All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany Americans kw about the first wave of Chinese immigrants, who worked on the railroads, mined for gold, and built Chinatowns. Less kwn is the second wave -- most of whom came to the U.S. as students in the 1950s and 1960s, spoke Mandarin, and earned advanced degrees. Although most found professional jobs, they were cut off from their native country and worried about relatives left behind after the revolution. This ground-breaking book collects the bittersweet stories of 35 people from this second wave generation of Chinese Americans, who tell about their lives in their own voices. Hard-bound versions of this book will be available by July 1. Contact East West Insights to order.
- Author BiographyDori Jones Yang conducted more than 35 interviews for this book as a way of honoring this generation of Chinese Americans. She then edited and polished the transcripts, using the interviewees' own words to tell their life stories. A former foreign correspondent based in Hong Kong, Dori Jones Yang speaks Mandarin, lives in the Seattle area, and has written three other books.
- Author(s)Dori Jones Yang
- Date of Publication20/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight535 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.