Voicing Relationships: A Dialogic Perspective by Leslie A. Baxter (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $91.25Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by booktopia_australia
- Est. delivery by 12 Jan
- AU $65.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExtending on her 1996 seminal and award-winning book on relational dialectics theory, Relating Dialogues and Dialectics (co-authored with Barbara Montgomery), author Leslie Baxter presents the 'next generation' of the theory: relational dialogics theory. This theory, and book, explores a greater nuanced understanding of the unity of opposites concept, presenting a more theoretically complex treatment of this and other key dialogic concepts. The text develops a rich palette of dialogic concepts useful in the study of communication and relationships and is centered around the following concepts: (1) relationships are profoundly situated process - voices are always embodied in a specific space and time; (2) relationships are constituted in communication - they are voiced through verbal and nverbal communicative practices; (3) relationships come to mean through the interplay of multiple, differing discourses.
- Author BiographyLeslie A. Baxter is F. Wendell Miller Distinguished Professor of Communication Studies at the University of Iowa, where she has taught for 15 years. She has published over 130 books, book chapters, and articles on interpersonal and family communication. She is the recipient of many awards, including, from the National Communication Association, the Distinguished Scholar Award, the Bernard Brommel Family Communication Award, the Charles Woolbert Research Award, the Franklin Knower Article Award, and the Gerald Miller Book Award; the Berscheid-Hatfield Award from the International Association for Relationship Research (formerly INPR); and the inaugural WSCA Scholar Award from the Western States Communication Association.
- Author(s)Leslie A. Baxter
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication19/03/2010
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.