All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book two vel utilizations of volatile compounds in the field of Pharmaceutical Chemistry are presented. First, volatile degradation products of lipids are applied to the characterization of vegetable fats and oils and the detection of their adulteration. Unfortunately, routine methods for quality control of fatty plant oils and fats often do t provide satisfying results. Analysis of the volatile compounds of these fats and oils can be a remedy, as is shown for many samples in this book. Furthermore, the study deals with the application of eco-friendly and harmless volatile compounds (terpenes and essential oils) for the reduction of airborne microbes in rooms, which is an invative alternative to established, partly harmful room-disinfectants.
- Author BiographySabine Krist, study of Pharmacy at the University of Vienna; 1999 Mag. pharm; 2002 Dr. rer. nat.; 2005 Dr. phil.; 2010 Habilitation in Pharmaceutical Chemistry at the University of Vienna; Awards: Kardinal-Innitzer-Forderungspreis (2009), Czedik-Eysenberg Award 2010 (Austrian Chemical Society), Young Investigator Award 2010 (Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Vienna).
- Author(s)Sabine Krist
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication31/03/2011
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note99, tables and graphs
- Weight460 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.