Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent years, voluntary approaches to emission reductions have increasingly been adopted by major companies all over the world and have increasingly been supported by regulatory bodies and public administrations. Despite this world-wide effort to achieve a better environmental performance through voluntary approaches, ecomic analysis has somehow neglected the importance of voluntary approaches as an environmental policy instrument. This book is a first attempt to fill this gap by gathering together all major experts in the fields and by providing a detailed analysis of all main aspects characterising the design and implementation of voluntary approaches in environmental policy. The book, which is the outcome of cooperation between the Ecole des Mines of Paris and the Fondazione ENI E. Mattei, within the EU Concerted Action on Market Based Policy Instruments for Environmental Protection, contains both theoretical analyses and case studies. The chapters of this book therefore provide a useful assessment of the main features and of the potential implementation problems of a new, important and promising environmental policy instrument.
- Author BiographyFrancois Leveque is professor of Law and Economics at the Ecole des mines de Paris. His academic, teaching and consulting interests are in the areas of environmental policy, antitrust and regulation. His research focuses on the assessment of policy instruments (e.g., access charges for railways, transmission tariffs, eco-taxes, co-venants) and policy reforms (e.g., gas and electricity French and European laws, EU deregulation in railways and airlines industries).
- PublisherKluwer Academic Publishers
- Date of Publication31/03/1999
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleEconomics, Energy and Environment
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 14
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKluwer Academic Publishers
- Content Notebiography
- Weight698 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byCarlo Carraro,Francois Leveque
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.