All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWithin the rhetorical tradition lay an often unticeable, but at times marked suspicion about what was perceived to be effeminate and voluptuous language. Sensual and pleasurable language was thus understood as immoral in the same way as excessive corporeal pleasures were considered detrimental, and the tion of voluptuous language could result in a tension concerning the delights of poetry. This study develops ways to analyse how this poetic ambivalence affected poetry in early modern Sweden, where the tion of voluptuous language became especially strong, t only influencing poetry but also connecting to political and religious self-understanding. Treating this in connection with the media conditions of the time, the study attempts to clarify the phemen of 'Baroque'.
- Author BiographyMats Malm is Professor of Comparative Literature at the University of Gothenburg (Sweden). His special areas of interest are early modern Scandinavian Literature, Old Norse literature and poetics from Antiquity to Romanticism.
- Author(s)Mats Malm
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication24/10/2011
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note9, 8 b/w fig., 1 coloured fig.
- Weight530 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Translated byAlan Crozier
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.