All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAN IRRESISTIBLE LITERARY FEAST Stories and recipes inspired by the world's great books As a young bookworm reading in her grandfather's butcher shop, Cara Nicoletti saw how books and food bring people to life. Now a butcher, cook, and talented writer, she serves up stories and recipes inspired by beloved books and the food that gives their characters depth and personality. From the breakfast sausage in Laura Ingalls Wilder's Little House in the Big Woods to chocolate cupcakes with peppermint buttercream from Jonathan Franzen's The Corrections, these books and the tasty treats in them put her on the road to happiness. Cooking through the books that changed her life, Nicoletti shares fifty recipes, including: The perfect soft-boiled egg in Jane Austen's Emma Grilled peaches with homemade ricotta in tribute to Joan Didion's Goodbye to All That New England clam chowder inspired by Herman Melville's Moby-Dick Fava bean and chicken liver mousse crostini (with a nice Chianti) after Thomas Harris's The Silence of the Lambs Brown butter crepes from Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl Beautifully illustrated, clever, and full of heart, Voracious will satisfy anyone who loves a fantastic meal with family and friends-or curling up with a great vel for dessert.
- Author BiographyCara Nicoletti is a butcher, former pastry chef, and author of the literary recipe blog Yummy Books. She comes from a long line of butchers in Boston, Massachusetts, and has been working in restaurants since she moved to New York in 2004. She lives in Brooklyn, teaches sausage making at the Brooklyn Kitchen, and became a butcher at the Meat Hook.Illustrator Marion Bolognesi lives and works in New York City and has exhibited her paintings around the globe. Her website is Marion-B.com.
- Author(s)Cara Nicoletti
- PublisherThorndike Press
- Date of Publication20/01/2016
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThorndike Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width142 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
- Edition Statementlarge type edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.