All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThe series, devoted to Adventure Classics , features best selling travel literature, the famous books that have sparked our imagination. The events that have marked the history of archaeology, sailing, mountain climbing and geographical exploration are brought back to life by the words of those who experienced them firsthand, brushing away the dust of time. The vibrant voice of the captain of the HMS Bounty, Carter's innermost thoughts when he peered into Tutankhamun's tomb, the dramatic accounts of Speke and Grant, and the detailed portrayal of Darwin's voyage open windows to a past that is still alive and full of the kinds of emotions that only masterpieces can convey. This is a series that perfectly complements traditional topics and high quality publications: the search for the boundaries of kwledge, adventure, the exploration of nature, and the quest to understand man's past and present. These pocket-sized books are inexpensive, yet they are beautifully printed and bound to offer a top-quality publication. Sixteen colour plates supplement the texts, providing readers with historical documents and portraits, maps, ancient charts and colour photographs in order to portray the main characters, their surroundings, and the scenarios in which they played their roles.
- Author(s)Charles Darwin
- PublisherWhite Star
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Series TitleGreat Adventurers S.
- Place of PublicationVercelli
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintWhite Star
- Out-of-print date01/07/2016
- Content Note22 colour and 20 b&w illustrations
- Weight776 g
- Width120 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine46 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.