All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
About this product
- DescriptionIn this volume, the author overturns the idea of Lt James Cook as a tradesman navigator. He examines what it meant to sail with Cook, why the Endeavour sought out the mysterious Great South Land, why the maeuvrings of the French and Spanish mattered, and what kind of man Cook was.
- Author BiographyAlan Frost is professor of history at La Trobe University. He embarked on The Voyage Of The Endeavour at the invitation of the Endeavour Foundation which manages the Endeavour replica. Since August 1994 the Endeavour replica has been visited by over 700,000 tourists.
- Author(s)Alan Frost
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/04/1998
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published1998
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Content Note7 colour 11 illustrations, 13 maps
- Weight322 g
- Width152 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.