All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEARLY ENGLISH WIT, POETRY & SATIRE. Imagine holding history in your hands. Now you can. Digitally preserved and previously accessible only through libraries as Early English Books Online, this rare material is w available in single print editions. Thousands of books written between 1475 and 1700 can be delivered to your doorstep in individual volumes of high quality historical reproductions. The power of literary device was never more in its prime than during this period of history, where a wide array of political and religious satire mocked the status quo and poetry called humankind to transcend the rigors of daily life through love, God or principle. This series comments on historical patterns of the human condition that are still visible today.
The below data was compiled from various identification fields in the bibliographic record of this title. This data is provided as an additional tool in helping to insure edition identification:
Vpon the life and death of the most worthy, and thrise rewmed knight, Sir Phillip Sidney a commemoration of his worthines, contayning a briefe recapitulation, of his valiant vsage and death taken.
Day, Angel, fl. 1575-1595.
Dedication signed: A.D., i.e. Angel Day.
Publication date conjectured by STC.
Signatures: [A]4 B2 .
Running title reads: Vpon the life and death of Sir Phillip Sidney Knight.
At London: Printed by Robert Walde-graue, dwelling without Temple-bar, [1586?]
STC (2nd ed.) / 6409
Reproduction of the original in the Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery
This book represents an authentic reproduction of the text as printed by the original publisher. While we have attempted to accurately maintain the integrity of the original work, there are sometimes problems with the original work or the micro-film from which the books were digitized. This can result in errors in reproduction. Possible imperfections include missing and blurred pages, poor pictures, markings and other reproduction issues beyond our control. Because this work is culturally important, we have made it available as part of our commitment to protecting, preserving and promoting the world's literature.
- Author(s)Angel Day
- PublisherProquest, Eebo Editions
- Date of Publication13/07/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProquest, Eebo Editions
- Weight59 g
- Width246 mm
- Height189 mm
- Spine1 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.