All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMoves to assist or protect the vulnerable w play a crucial role in welfare and criminal justice processes. This distinctive book draws on in-depth research with marginalised young people and the professionals who support them to explore the implications of a 'vulnerability zeitgeist', asking how far the rise of vulnerability serves the interests of those who are most disadvantaged.
- Author BiographyKate Brown is a Lecturer in Social Policy and Crime at the University of York. Her research explores supportive and regulatory processes for vulnerable and 'troublesome' groups, focussing especially on young people. She worked previously as a practitioner and manager in the voluntary sector and continues to be active in services for vulnerable women and children.
- Author(s)Kate Brown
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Out-of-print date15/12/2016
- Weight522 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.