All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe increase in GHG gases in the atmosphere due to expansions in industrial and vehicular concentration is attributed to warming of the climate world wide. The resultant change in climatic pattern can induce abrmalities in the hydrological cycle. As a result, the regular functionality of river watersheds will also be affected. This Brief highlights a new methodology to rank the watersheds in terms of its vulnerability to change in climate. This Brief introduces a Vulnerability Index which will be directly proportional to the climatic impacts of the watersheds. Analytical Hierarchy Process and Artificial Neural Networks are used in a cascading manner to develop the model for prediction of the vulnerability index.
- Author BiographyMr. Uttam Roy is a Senior Faculty of Mechanical Engineering in Bengal Institute of Technology and Management, India and a Part time Research Scholar in School of Hydro-Informatics Engineering, National Institute of Technology Agartala, India. He is a Master of Mechanical Engineering and has published seven papers in international journals. Dr. Mrinmoy Majumder is presently working as Assistant Professor in School of Hydro-Informatics Engineering of National Institute of Technology, Agartala, Tripura, India from the year of 2010. He has completed his PhD from Jadhavpur University, Kolkata, West Bengal, India in the year of 2010. He has published more than 25 research papers in national and international journals and has published five books from reputed international publishers.
- Author(s)Mrinmoy Majumder,Uttam Roy
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Date of Publication28/12/2015
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Water Science and Technology
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Content Note53 black & white illustrations, 5 colour illustrations, 15 colour tables, biography
- Weight168 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.