All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionReviewing and elaborating L. S. Vygotsky's view of language mediated development, this work presents an extension of the Russian thinker's developmental psycho-semiotics to an educational psycho-semiotics. Interpreting original discussions of tool-mediation as developmental mechanism, this book addresses the question of what occurs in the interpersonal environment that enables the internalisation of tool and the development of thinking. Filling in a gap in Vygotsky's theoretical framework, it discusses in detail inter-psychological processes as the social origins of changes in the intra-psychological domain. Besides theoretical descriptions, this book also offers an original instrument for educational research or practitioners' reflection of micro-genetic processes of interaction and change. This instrument is then applied in interpretive analyses of real-life classroom exchanges.
- Author BiographyCharlotte Hua Liu, MEd, PhD, is an Assistant Professor in the Faculty of Education, University of Canberra, Australia. She lectures in educational psychology; mathematics and education; and educational research methods. Her research interests include Vygotsky's educational psychology and philosophy, Jung's analytical psychology, the psychology of language and thinking, and micro educational sociology. As an educator, she has over ten years' experience of working with secondary and tertiary students.
- Author(s)Charlotte Hua Liu
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication27/04/2011
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Note99, tables and graphs
- Weight330 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.