Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionW.E. Sangster (1900-1960), once termed 'the prince of preachers' and 'a preacher without peer in the world' is the subject of this book. Perhaps other twentieth century British Methodist has written or spoken as much about the characteristic doctrines of Methodism as Sangster. This book is unique in that it addresses the chief theological concern of W.E Sangster - holiness of life. It outlines and examines the influences that helped shape his thought, the direction in which that thought went over against that of Wesley, and his central theological and pastoral theme of the human condition.
- Author BiographyAndrew Cheatle is an expert in British Methodism, most particularly the life and work of William Edwin Sangster (1900-1960). He has presented papers at international conferences in the US and UK on Sangster and has been a guest lecturer at leading American Methodist universities. He has a PhD from Liverpool University and an MA degree with distinction from the University of Manchester. He is an ordained minister in the British Methodist Church and preaches on the Manchester Circuit. Cheatle teaches courses in Biblical theology, Christian theology, particularly Christology, and leads the PGCert in Christian Leadership programme. He has lived in three countries, speaks fluent Danish which he has taught at FE level for many years.
- Author(s)Clyde Binfield,Rev Dr. Andrew J. Cheatle
- PublisherAuthentic Media
- Date of Publication01/12/1969
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleStudies in Evangelical History & Thought
- Place of PublicationCarlisle
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSend The Light
- Weight455 g
- Width228 mm
- Height144 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.