All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
About this product
- DescriptionTerrorism by means of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) has been studied for decades -- since the Cold War and fears of secret agents with suitcase-sized atomic bombs. Although WMD research has accelerated since September 11, 2001, much of this scholarship is hard to find, forcing nspecialists to fall back on gut instinct and Beltway cliches. This book provides the first full-length, up-to-date, comprehensive review of what scientists and scholars kw about WMD terrorism and America's options for confronting it. It also identifies multiple instances in which the conventional wisdom is incomplete or misleading. WMD Terrorism provides multidisciplinary perspectives on such topics as terrorist incentives for acquiring WMD; nuclear, radiological, biological, and chemical weapons techlogies and genetically engineered weapons; sensor techlogies; mathematical methods for analyzing terrorist threats and allocating defense resources; the role of domestic U.S. politics in shaping defense investments; port and airport defense; response and recovery techlogies for WMD-contaminated sites; R&D incentives for bioweapon vaccines and other homeland security techlogies; psychological treatment of WMD survivors; and international initiatives to limit WMD proliferation and fight terrorism. ContributorsGary Ackerman, Jeffrey M. Bale, Deborah Yarsike Ball, Eugene Bardach, Jason Christopher, C. Norman Coleman, Lois M. Davis, Thomas Edmunds, Peter Gordon, Blas Perez Henriquez, Dwight Jaffee, Robert Kirvel, Simon Labov, Stephen M. Maurer, James E. Moore II, Michael Nacht, Michael O'Hare, Qisheng Pan, Ji Young Park, Ellen Raber, Harry W. Richardson, Jeanne S. Ringel, Thomas Russell, George W. Rutherford, Christine Hartmann Siantar, Tom Slezak, Page O. Stoutland, Tammy Taylor, Michael Thompson, Richard Wheeler.
- Author BiographyStephen M. Maurer is Adjunct Associate Professor in the Goldman School of Public Policy and the Boalt School of Law at the University of California, Berkeley. He is also Director of the Goldman School's Information Technology and Homeland Security Project.
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication04/09/2009
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note30 figures, 37 tables (5 are Boxes)
- Weight976 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byStephen M. Maurer
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.