CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionCreated through a student-tested, faculty-approved review process with hundreds of students and faculty, WORLD is an engaging and accessible solution to accommodate the diverse lifestyles of today's learners.
- Author BiographyCraig A. Lockard is Ben and Joyce Rosenberg Professor of History in the Social Change and Development Department at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, where since 1975 he has taught courses on Asian, African, comparative, and world history. He has also taught at SUNY-Buffalo, SUNY-Stony Brook, and the University of Bridgeport, and twice served as a Fulbright-Hays professor at the University of Malaya in Malaysia. After undergraduate studies in Austria, Hong Kong, and the University of Redlands, he earned an M.A. in Asian Studies at the University of Hawaii and a Ph.D. in Comparative World and Southeast Asian History at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. His published books, articles, essays, and reviews range over a wide spectrum of topics: world history; Southeast Asian history, politics, and society; Asian emigration; the Vietnam War; and folk, popular, and world music. Among his major books are Lands of Green, Waters of Blue: Southeast Asia in World History (forthcoming); Dance of Life: Popular Music and Politics in Modern Southeast Asia (1998); and From Kampung to City: A Social History of Kuching, Malaysia, 1820-1970 (1987). He was also part of the task force that prepared revisions to the U.S. National Standards in World History (1996). Professor Lockard has served on various editorial advisory boards, including the Journal of World History and The History Teacher, and as book review editor for the Journal of Asian Studies and the World History Bulletin. He was one of the founders of the World History Association and served as the organization's first secretary. He has lived and traveled widely in Asia, Africa, and Europe.
- Author(s)Craig Lockard
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight1111 g
- Width213 mm
- Height271 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Online resource
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.