All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionDave Shoji, legendary coach for the University of Hawai i women's volleyball program, looks back at four decades of coaching to tell his story along with that of the Rainbow Wahine, four-time national champions and consistently among the top-ranked teams in college sports. With the assistance of longtime beat writer Ann Miller, Shoji provides an exclusive look at the state's perennially successful athletic team. His memoir traces the history and rise of the program-from 1975, when he was hired as a part-time coach by women's athletic director Donnis Th ompson and matches were held in the sweatbox of Klum Gym; through the late 1970s and the 1980s, which saw the start of the Booster Club and excitement of playing in front of sellout crowds at Holulu's Blaisdell Arena; into the 1990s with the team's move to its current home at the Stan SheriffCenter, attracting the sport's largest and most devoted following; to the landmark 2013 season when Shoji became the winningest coach in NCAA history and on his way to a fortieth year with the Rainbow Wahine program. Interviews with memorable players, family, and assistant and rival coaches, together with more than one hundred action photos-plus twenty more in a color insert-bring back both thrilling and poignant memories of the greatest moments of Rainbow Wahine volleyball. The comprehensive yearly statistics, full player rosters, and handy index make the book a needed reference for trivia buffs. A keepsake for fans and players alike, Wahine Volleyball: 40 Years Coaching Hawaii's Team will delight any sports enthusiast as well as readers who enjoy first-person remembrances of what makes Hawaii unique.
- Author BiographyDave Shoji has coached the University of Hawaii Rainbow Wahine women's volleyball team since 1975. Ann Miller recently retired after thirty-four years as a sports reporter for the Honolulu Star-Advertiser.
- Author(s)Ann Miller,Dave Shoji
- PublisherUniversity of Hawai'i Press
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- SubjectBall Games: Court & Indoor
- Place of PublicationHonolulu, HI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Hawai'i Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight794 g
- Width203 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.