All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAristotle emphasizes the central role of perception for kwledge acquisition in many of his writings. But how should these programmatic declarations be worked into an overall interpretation? Does perception provide the foundation on which all our kwledge can be grounded? Or does perception merely have the function of providing the intellect with elementary information? This study precisely works out which role perception plays in Aristotle's theory of kwledge acquisition. It shows that Aristotle defends a position that presents an interesting alternative to common views in the contemporary debate regarding the foundation of kwledge.
- Author BiographyStephan Herzberg, Eberhard Karls Universitat Tubingen.
- Author(s)Stephan Herzberg
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter
- Date of Publication30/09/2010
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Series TitleQuellen Und Studien Zur Philosophie
- Series Part/Volume Number97
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.