All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne name above all others has become associated with walking in the Lake District: Alfred Wainwright, whose seven-volume Pictorial Guide to the Lakeland Fells, first published in 1955-66, has become the definitive guidebook. Wainwright's meticulously hand-drawn maps, diagrams and drawings take walkers up the 214 principal hills and mountains of the Lake District, describing the main routes of ascent from different starting points, as well as lesser-kwn variants, showing the summit viewpoint paramas and the ridge routes that can be made to create longer walks. Every page combines words and illustrations to present the routes in a way that is original, visually appealing and easy to follow. This new edition of Wainwright's Walking Guide to the Lake District Fells has been comprehensively revised. Paths, maps, diagrams and route descriptions have been checked and corrected throughout. These revisions have been undertaken by writer and designer Clive Hutchby, author of The Wainwright Companion. The Central Fells, Book Three of Wainwright's Walking Guide, covers the popular fells accessible from Great Langdale, Ambleside, Grasmere, Keswick and Borrowdale, including Harrison Stickle, Pike o'Stickle, Pavey Ark, Silver How Loughrigg Fell, Helm Crag and Walla Crag.
- Author BiographyCLIVE HUTCHBY climbed his very first Lakeland fell just two years after the publication of the last of legendary fellwalker and guidebook writer Alfred Wainwright's seven PICTORIAL GUIDES TO THE LAKELAND FELLS, and a full six years before the author relented to 'pressure' from his fans and produced his final guide to the mountains of the English Lake District, THE OUTLYING FELLS OF LAKELAND. After conquering Catbells, he has grown taller (and older, unfortunately), and in the intervening years since has edited newspapers in England and the United States and also worked in Ireland. In all three countries he has won journalism awards for writing and designing. Clive is the author of THE WAINWRIGHT COMPANION, published in 2012, of which Cumberland News wrote 'No-one has analysed the Pictorial Guidebooks produced by Alfred Waiwright more closely than Clive Hutchby. He's counted the clouds in every book'.
- Author(s)Alfred Wainwright
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication03/03/2016
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Content NoteHand-drawn maps, diagrams and illustrations
- Width110 mm
- Height178 mm
- Revised byClive Hutchby
- Format DetailsFlexible plastic/vinyl cover
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $69.17
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.10
- AU $21.24Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.39
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $21.24Trending at AU $22.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.